10.31.2007

"Beware the barrenness of a busy life" - Socrates


Today was unique and out of the ordinary. We were passing through this quiant, little village that looked like fun. The Host, the man leading us on this journey, decided that we should spend the day there. We did not disagree. I think we all needed a break from riding around on horses all day every single day. It was nice to stretch our legs and feel like a part of society again. I've been around the same twenty or so people for the last twenty or so days that it's a wonder I haven't went insane. Anyway, the first place I went to was a local pub to get a bite to eat. I didn't have much to spend so I just got a cup of soup, but it was nice to actually eat. I haven't much on this trip. Food is scarce... especially when you have the Miller hogging it all. After my meal, I roamed the streets and people watched. I enjoy people watching tremendously. The people in the village seem friendly, although I didn't actually speak with any of them. Finally, I went searching and found a beautiful spot by a stream to sit and read Harry Potter. I sat by with my book for a few hours, and it was so peaceful. It was a successful day.

No comments: