10.26.2007

"Death is not the worst that can happen to men" - Plato


I woke up to big raindrops pelting me this morning. I sat up quickly and realized that it had just started to storm. The sky was so dark that I thought it was still night. It was actually 9:30 in the morning. I knew right then that it was going to be a bad day. The rain is always foreboding. I think that riding along side the Pardoner and Summoner was half the reason my day was horrible. They have seemed like nice guys thus far, but after having a conversation with them, I dont think they really are. For some reason, they gave me a weird vibe. They are best described as shady. The Pardoner even rode with his wallet on his lap. He may be more untrusting than I. He told a story about the pitfalls of greed. It was a creepy tale that kept me interested. It ended with three brothers dying over their desire for money. It was some heavy stuff. I am glad that money is the last thing on my mind.

No comments: