10.24.2007

"At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet" - Plato


It is day two of my journey. I had the displeasure of meeting the Wife of Bath today. I already knew of her because of her reputation. She has had so many husbands that I don't even know the exact number. Anyway, she decided to strike up a conversation with me about I don't even know what. I stopped listening to her after a few minutes. She never stops talking, and she laughs way too much. It gave me a headache. Everyone else seems to like her because they think she has charm or something. I do admit that she has some weird alluring quality.. but I don't like it. Actually, she reminds me of my first and only love. I cringe when the Wife of Bath smiles because I only see Annabelle's smile. Annabelle broke my heart. She ripped it out, threw it on the floor, and stepped on it. The year I spent with her was a lie. I loved her with every inch of my soul. I understood her and she understood me. I thought we were going to be together for eternity. I lost all faith in humanity after our seperation. It just goes to show you that there isn't a God. And if there is, he is cruel.

No comments: