10.30.2007

"An honest man is always a child" - Socrates


Hello! So, the journey is continuing along smoothly. The weather is so nice today that I can't help but be happy. I rode beside the Skipper, and even that was enjoyable. He is quite the character. He may come off as horribly mean, but I think that he is actually a good person at heart. He has just been brought up a different way than most. He has lived his life on the ocean as a sailor, and it has made him pretty tough. He told me a few stories about making prisoners walk the plank. It scared me a little, but he thought that they truly deserved it. I know that he would never do that to an innocent person. The only thing I can't completely defend him on is his stealing problem. He is a bit of a thief. Every time someone on this pilgrimage is missing something, it's automatically assumed that the Skipper took it. I feel bad disliking him for it, though. I'm not the richest person in the world, and the Skipper isn't either. I sympathize because I know all too well what it is like to go to extreme measures because of not having enough money. I have to borrow off of my friends all the time. The Skipper basically does the same thing.. just without asking. Well, I'm going to go hide my Harry Potter book. I wouldn't want it to wind up missing.

No comments: