10.25.2007

"Education is the best provision for the journey to old age" - Aristotle


Hello again. So it is day five of my trip to Canterbury. I have been reading as much as possible to avoid conversation, yet, it is proving to be a difficult task. The Miller rode beside me today. I groaned when I saw him coming but I could not completely ignore him. I have not talked to him before today because there has been no need. I hear almost everything he says because he is so loud and obnoxious. He has the mouth of a sailor, and he does not censor himself at all. He never gets tired of talking about how strong he is, but I sure get tired of it. I have never been very concerned with outward appearances. He does make me feel a bit self-conscious, though, considering I am so scrawny. But I do not care. I know that there are more important things in life than being built. A strong mind is much more vital than a strong body. Anyway, I am honestly going to try to enjoy this trip more. Wish me luck!

No comments: