10.25.2007

"Thou shouldst eat to live; not live to eat"--Socrates


I suppose four days have already passed and I'm feeling exhausted. I can't eat, I can't sleep, and I'm only a quarter of the way through my latest novel "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance," but it's one of the best I've ever read, quite insightful if I do say so myself. But the real reason I've been having trouble sleeping and am feeling so exhausted is because of a man known as the Franklin. From what I hear he can throw quite the shindig, but that's part of the reason I came on this pilgrimmage, to get away from all the crazed college partiers, and now I have to deal with one on this veeeery long journey...GREAT!!!!!. Night after night it's all you can eat and drink, you would think it would get tiring after a while,but no the other pilgrims seem to find this all entertaining and enjoyable. I'm not sure if I could ever get the same enjoyment out of it as they do, but hey maybe I should try to make more of an effort to fit in around here after all that is the reason I've come on this journey; to make a change, but for now I am content with who I am. I'd love to hear what you have to say though. Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I get a chance. Until then take care.

No comments: